Data researcher is Douglas Mumma.
I do not believe the 1710 birth year that has been suggested for Jacob's birth - Doug Mumma.
The following information was provided by Mike Cosner cosner@erols.com which comes from the "Strickler Families" book.
Jacob Strickler called "Jacob Strickler of Egypt" came from where he lived, FORT EGYPT. It is located NW of Hamburg, VA.
This large log house, built of huge logs dovetailed at the corners, has a massive stone chimney in the center of the house. The building was built about 1758 by Jacob Strickler. His descendants lived here for many generations. Several of the rooms are very large and were probably used for meetings of the Mennonite Church in this community before any church buildings were built. Jacob Strickler was one of the early leaders of the Mennonite Church. This home is located near the center of the 1,000-acre tract granted to the pioneer Abraham Strickler in 1735 and called the Egypt Bend tract.
Jacob arrived in America in 1731
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jvoyles/prefacekiserfamily.htm
Shenandoah County was organized on March 24, 1772, and called Dunmore in honor of John Murray, Earl of Dunmore, Governor-in-Chief, 1771-1776, who was a popular Governor until the approach of the Revolution, when he not only remained loyal to the King, but committed under-handed acts to cripple the Colony in the on-coming storm. He appeased the Indians in Dunmore's War, seized the gun powder at Williamsburg, aroused the slaves against their masters, and finally burned Norfolk before fleeing aboard ship. The people of Shenandoah County registered their indignation by changing the name of their county to Shenandoah.
The new county of Page was established by an Act of the General Assembly March 30, 1831, named for John Page, member of the first U. S. Congress in which position he continued until 1797 and Governor of Virginia, from 1802 to 1805, and Lieutenant Governor during the Revolution. The county seat was soon thereafter fixed at Luray which had been formed by an Act August 21, 1812, in Shenandoah County. Most of Page County was taken from Shenandoah County. It lies wholly between the Massanutten Mountain on the west and the Blue Ridge on the east.
Page County, while one of the younger counties, has the distinction of having within its borders a spot whereon the first settlement west of the Blue Ridge in Virginia was made. This settlement was made at Massanutten, an Indian Village, surrounded by Indian Old Fields, on the Shenandoah River, in 1726 or 1727, six miles west of Luray, by settlers from William Penn's Colony. A pioneer monument was erected by the Massanutten Society in 1927 in honor of these settlers on the hill at the famous White House Bridge.
From "A Short History of Page County, Virginia" by Harry M. Strickler, page 61: "In each bend of the river (Shenandoah River) on this original Massanutten patent is at least one combination fort and dwelling. Beginning on the west side of the river opposite the mouth of the Hawksbill where Raymond Strickler now (1952) lives; here we may visit an old log house once the home of Major Andrew Keyser, of the Revolution, and just a short distance farther up the river is the old home of Charles Keyser, now occupied by the venerable David A. Kibler (etc.). Proceeding farther up the river we come to Fort Rhodes where John Rhodes and members of his family were killed by the Indians. (See Andrew Keyser, Jr's wife - Ann Rhodes). This is a log house built over a fortified cellar from which flows a spring. In the next bend is Fort Egypt. In the next bend is Fort Massanutten, and in upper Massanutten is an old Long home built of stone which we will call Fort Paul Long to distinguish it from Fort Long on the right bank of the river. (Charles Keyser's son Joseph's son John married a Long). Crossing the river to the right bank we first come to Fort Long where the pioneers Paul and Philip Long located, now (1952) owned by Charles D. Price.
"All these old homesteads or forts have fortified cellars and are built in much the same manner, constructed of stone with arched ceilings. Some have an outer cellar also strongly constructed through which one must pass before entering the vault. Several of them have running water. These old homes are all built on the Massanutten patent and a number of them are still occupied as dwellings. They were all substantially built and together form the most interesting group of old homes in Northern Virginia, and in fact, in all Virginia. These homes were built, probably from 1750 to 1790."
References include but are not limited to: Shenandoah County Virginia Will Book E, page 160-62; Russell County, Virginia, Virginia Will Book 3, page 153; Page County, Virginia Will Book A, page 98; Forerunners by Strickler, page 120; and Some Descendants of John Counts of Glade Hollow (Southwest Virginia 1722-1977), by Elihu Jasper Sutherland."