Notes:
Information was contributed by Trish Herzog. FancyTrish@aol.com
1860: District 4, Rockbridge, Virginia Post Office: Oak Dale
Henry Zollman 47
Elvina Zollman 39
John W Zollman 20
James W Zollman 18
M Margaret Zollman 17
T Aron Zollman 15
V A Alice Zollman 13
Emily Zollman 13
Chas M Zollman 11
Caligala Zollman 9
Georgiana Zollman 7
Henry A Zollman 3
Eatohe Zollman 2
1870: Lexington, Rockbridge, Virginia
Henry Zollman 57, real estate, $13,500, $950 personal, farmer
Elvira Zollman 50
Callie Zollman 18
Charles Zollman 21
George Anna Zollman 16
Utoky Zollman 10
Laurance G Zollman 6
L Hardigan 18, laborer
Eli Galbrath 14, black, cook
1880: Lexington, Rockbridge, VA
Henry Zollman 66, b: VA/VA/VA
Elvira Zollman, wife, 59, b: VA/VA/VA
Charles A. Zollman, son, 32, b: VA/VA/VA
Toka E. Zollman, dau, 22, b: VA/VA/VA
Lawrence G. Zollman, son, 16, b: VA/VA/VA
Fanny S. Anderso, dau, 35, b: VA/VA/VA
Stewant M. Anderso, grandson, 13, b: VA/VA/VA
Excerpt taken from A History of Methodism in Rockbridge County, Virginia, by Albert M. Cupp; Chapters 1 - 10 CHAPTER X ELLIOTTS HILL METHODIST CHURCH
The Wesley Chapel Circuit was formed from the Lexington Circuit in 1849. Thomas Hildebran was preacher in charge from 1849 to 1853, preaching at Wesley Chapel and Mt. Zion churches, with a preaching place at Natural Bridge and in the home of John Saville, on Elliotts Hill. Mr. Hildebran organized a society at the home of John Saville. The Rev. Hildebran was followed by Rev. C. B. Riddick, from 1853 to 1856. During his pastorate, the first church was built of logs and was weather-boarded. The lumber was sawed at Henry Zollman's sawmill, near by on Buffalo Creek. This church was located on the southwest end of the hill, overlooking Buffalo Creek and valley, on the west side of the road leading from Lexington to Natural Bridge. The records show that on February 19, 1859, John Saville and Sarah, his wife, donated a plot of land to the Trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, of Elliotts Hill, namely: Henry M. Hatcher, John G. Hamilton, David Crigler, Adam Zollman, John W. Hamilton, S. C. Davidson, William G. Burks, Robert T. Marshall, and John W. Radar. The Collierstown Circuit was formed in 1854 with Elliotts Hill and whatever preaching places they may have had on Buffalo Creek, such places as Rapp's Schoolhouse and Midway on Camp Mountain. All during the War between the States, Elliotts Hill and Collierstown were supplied with preachers from Wesley Chapel to it from the old Virginia Conference. These were such men as: Riddick, Doggett, Waggner, Lambert, and John Clark.